Plastics are instrumental in developing innovative, sustainable packaging solutions. Explore the benefits and applications of plastic packaging.
Your source for plastic packaging news, tools & data
See how plastics are helping to advance diverse packaging needs.
Trucost Report on Plastics
New report found that the environmental cost of using plastics in consumer goods and packaging is nearly four times less than it would be if plastics were replaced with alternative materials.
The Plastic Packaging Blog
Get the latest industry news and views.
With news out of the World Economic Forum that the use of plastics is expected to double in the next 20 years, it’s to be expected that major economic and environmental organizations would call for ways to use these valuable materials wisely. So I was encouraged to...read more
See recent plastic packaging news and developments.
- Flexible Packaging Recycling Project Announces Research Results, New Members (September 22, 2016)
- Global Plastics Industry Activities to Prevent Marine Litter Grow to 260 Projects Worldwide (May 20, 2016)
- First-Of-Its-Kind Study to Examine Recovery of Flexible Packaging Using Existing Technology (September 15, 2015)
- National Trade Industry Groups Fund Study to Identify Ways to Improve Efficiencies in Recycling Facilities (July 9, 2015)
- Procter & Gamble Joins National Effort to Recycle Flexible Plastic Wraps, Bags (April 8, 2015)
- Plasticity 2014: New Ways of Thinking About Old Problems (July 18, 2014)
Why Plastic Packaging
Plastics help make packaging lighter, shatter-resistant and more energy efficient. Plus, many plastic packages can be recycled or recovered for energy value. They’re innovative, sustainable and cost-effective.