Plastics are instrumental in developing innovative, sustainable solutions. Explore the benefits and applications of plastic packaging.
Your source for plastic packaging news, tools & data
See how plastics are helping to advance diverse packaging needs.
Plastics Report 2014
In March 2011, leaders from plastics associations across the globe signed a declaration to combat marine litter. This Progress Report provides an update on that commitment.
The Plastic Packaging Blog
Get the latest industry news and views.
When talking about packaging sustainability, the focus is often recycling and recyclability. However, it’s important to think about packaging sustainability and responsible management of resources in terms of the whole waste hierarchy – the three Rs: Reduce, Reuse,...read more
Strong, lightweight plastics are amazing materials that contribute to sustainability by helping to reduce energy use, waste and greenhouse gas emissions. But when plastics end up as ocean litter, their full sustainability benefits aren’t realized. No one wants to...read more
See recent plastic packaging news and developments.
- Flexible Packaging Recycling Project Announces Research Results, New Members (September 22, 2016)
- Global Plastics Industry Activities to Prevent Marine Litter Grow to 260 Projects Worldwide (May 20, 2016)
- First-Of-Its-Kind Study to Examine Recovery of Flexible Packaging Using Existing Technology (September 15, 2015)
- National Trade Industry Groups Fund Study to Identify Ways to Improve Efficiencies in Recycling Facilities (July 9, 2015)
- Procter & Gamble Joins National Effort to Recycle Flexible Plastic Wraps, Bags (April 8, 2015)
- Plasticity 2014: New Ways of Thinking About Old Problems (July 18, 2014)
Why Plastic Packaging
Plastics help make packaging lighter, shatter-resistant and more energy efficient. Plus, many plastic packages can be recycled or recovered for energy value. They’re innovative, sustainable and cost-effective.