Plastics are instrumental in developing innovative, sustainable packaging solutions. Explore the benefits and applications of plastic packaging.
Your source for plastic packaging news, tools & data
See how plastics are helping to advance diverse packaging needs.
Trucost Report on Plastics
New report found that the environmental cost of using plastics in consumer goods and packaging is nearly four times less than it would be if plastics were replaced with alternative materials.
The Plastic Packaging Blog
Get the latest industry news and views.
This week, I had the pleasure of speaking at Plastics News' annual Caps & Closures conference about end of use challenges for these important packaging products. As we work to solve the global challenge of marine litter, including ocean plastic, it’s never been...read more
It's been decades since major brands started transitioning peanut butter into plastic jars. It used to be a big deal! Best Foods started packaging Skippy peanut butter in plastic in 1988 as did Jif, citing consumer preference, as illustrated in this awesome little gem...read more
See recent plastic packaging news and developments.
- WWF environmental effort gains plastics industry backing (June 12, 2017)
- Plastics Makers Welcome New Plastics Economy Innovation Prize (May 18, 2017)
- Some Food for Thought: Plastic Packaging is one of the Solutions to Reducing Food Waste (April 26, 2017)
- Flexible Packaging Recycling Project Announces Research Results, New Members (September 22, 2016)
- Global Plastics Industry Activities to Prevent Marine Litter Grow to 260 Projects Worldwide (May 20, 2016)
- First-Of-Its-Kind Study to Examine Recovery of Flexible Packaging Using Existing Technology (September 15, 2015)
Why Plastic Packaging
Plastics help make packaging lighter, shatter-resistant and more energy efficient. Plus, many plastic packages can be recycled or recovered for energy value. They’re innovative, sustainable and cost-effective.