Plastics are instrumental in developing innovative, sustainable solutions. Explore the benefits and applications of plastic packaging.
Your source for plastic packaging news, tools & data
See how plastics are helping to advance diverse packaging needs.
Trucost Report on Plastics
New report found that the environmental cost of using plastics in consumer goods and packaging is nearly four times less than it would be if plastics were replaced with alternative materials.
The Plastic Packaging Blog
Get the latest industry news and views.
With over 5 million metric tons of plastic waste, much of it packaging waste, entering the ocean from land each year, it’s clear that ocean pollution isn’t a problem limited to one country, or even one continent. But scientists now know that the largest sources of...read more
On Wednesday a bipartisan group of Senators introduced S. 756, the “Saving Our Seas Act,” to reauthorize the NOAA Marine Debris Program and promote international action to reduce marine debris. One of the important features of this bill is increased investment and...read more
See recent plastic packaging news and developments.
- Flexible Packaging Recycling Project Announces Research Results, New Members (September 22, 2016)
- Global Plastics Industry Activities to Prevent Marine Litter Grow to 260 Projects Worldwide (May 20, 2016)
- First-Of-Its-Kind Study to Examine Recovery of Flexible Packaging Using Existing Technology (September 15, 2015)
- National Trade Industry Groups Fund Study to Identify Ways to Improve Efficiencies in Recycling Facilities (July 9, 2015)
- Procter & Gamble Joins National Effort to Recycle Flexible Plastic Wraps, Bags (April 8, 2015)
- Plasticity 2014: New Ways of Thinking About Old Problems (July 18, 2014)
Why Plastic Packaging
Plastics help make packaging lighter, shatter-resistant and more energy efficient. Plus, many plastic packages can be recycled or recovered for energy value. They’re innovative, sustainable and cost-effective.